Friday, July 6, 2007

I love FLICKR

As someone who scans the internet on a pretty regular basis, I love the fact that you can discover new and interesting things, facts, media and people.
The latter has caught my eye again and once again this is through flickr.

Chronicity is the nick of a spectacular individual that I have come across. It's amazing the information that is shared. And the thing that strikes me and frankly surprises me, is the impact that this can have. I'm captivated by this person.

I want to talk to her, engage, and exchange.
The challenge is that with all the noise on the internet, when someone as clearly harmonic as Chronicity is bumped into, rising above that noise is virtually impossible. What does this mean? Well, if it were a party in a crowded room, standing across the room hoping to make eye contact would have a better chance of connecting than the internet.

So for all it's wonders in communicating and bringing people together, there is still this element that keeps people at a distance. It's like taking fibre to the door for Telco's. Laying the infrastructure pipe is easy to a point, but where it makes the biggest difference and has the most benefit it the toughest. So too with connecting with people.

How frustrating it could be to think you have found your one true... You know the one thats destined. If you believe in that. Only to realize that they are a world away and have a life that is totally devoid of you and always will be. Another consequence of the internet. The "talent pool" is more like a talent ocean. Almost infinite variety.

So I marvel at a stunning woman that I will probably never speak to.



I watch as her life continues and she documents it for those that care to watch.


I revel in her joie de vie.



I empathise with her trials and tribulations.


And celebrate her victories.

This is probably creepy as hell for her but it is certainly not the intent. When we enter the public domain, we should expect to engage with the public.
Apologies for appropriating your content but it's so good.

The nature of people demands that most of them be engaged in the most frivolous possible activities—like making money.

~ Marshall McLuhan ~

No comments: