Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Enough of the Corporate Ladder

Ok, here's the deal....

After working within one large company for many years. Rising through the management ranks with hard work and ethics, humanity and business accumen; I'm about ready to pitch it. I'm one chair away from running the place and I want out. My pension plan is fully vested and all I have to do is see my way through another 15 years (OMG) and I can cash in. Unless of course a golden handshake comes before that which there is always a distinct possibility.

So why pitch it? Why toss it all?

Well, as I ponder the reasons and decide which to write down, I'm having a tough time picking the one that is really important and makes the decision a no brainer.

More money and ownership and control of my own business are all good reasons.

But at my current I have been blessed with the ability to run my own lines of business as I see fit and staff them (more or less) as I desire. Sure the money could be better but theres more to life than money and the value of job satisfaction is unmeasureable.

So what is a poor fool to do??

Life altering high risk change that could rock to the very core every dimension of life?

Or grind out years of undervalued labour with an uncertain future until retirement?

ick!!!

No comments: